Information about the service
* Health Visitors offer a universal service to support all families with young children in keeping their child healthy and safe so that they enjoy their child, and the child is able to make the most of life’s opportunities.
* The Health Visiting team has people with many different skills to make sure that the right support is offered at the right time in the best way for each family.
* Health Visitors will arrange to visit new parents at home within 14 days of the birth of their baby. Afterwards parents will be able to ring the Health Visitor, visit the Health Advice session, or arrange further home visits depending upon their own circumstances
* You can meet Health Visitors at Health Clinics; Children’s Centres; some GP surgeries, where they offer health advice sessions
* Sometimes specialist support is needed so the skills of other team members may be offered, for example, help with sleeping patterns, eating, potty training are specialist Nursery Nurse skills.
Health Visitors work with other professionals from different agencies to offer support if parents are experiencing particular problems with relationships, lifestyle or behaviour, which could affect a child’s health and well being.
Health Visitors are based at various locations in Warrington.
Each family with a child under five has an allocated Health Visitor.
Contact details are given when babies are visited soon after birth or when a family move into the Warrington area.
Details of national organisation:- Community Practitioner and Health Visitor Association (CPHVA)
The Health Visitor has skills in all aspects of Public Health, so may be able to offer support to family members if they have concerns or problems.
Most of the Health Visitors’ work focuses upon families with children under school age.
There is a health visitor available for advice and support within office hours. If you require a visit from a specific health visitor this may take time to arrange dependent on the practitioners workload.
Where to go
- Venue address
Birchwood Health Visitor Team, Spencer House, 81a Dewhurst Road
- WA3 7PG
When is it on?
- Date & Time Information
- 8:30am – 5pm Monday to Friday
- Referral and availability notes
Health Visitors are generally available at Health Clinics, by telephone and by individual arrangement. Meadowside CSU 01925 251520, Spencer House 01925 843869, Penketh 01925 791671, Grappenhall Clinic 01925 217200.
- Age Range
predominantly 0-5 years
Birchwood Health Visitor Team, Spencer House, 81a